Several years ago, I enrolled in the OnBase Certified System Administrator (OCSA) program at a local community college. I was looking for a career change and thought this would be a great way to learn new skills, network and get my foot in the door. My takeaways from the course left me intrigued but a little perplexed.
- OnBase sure did contain a lot of checkboxes.
- WorkView was a bit confusing.
- Workflow seemed pretty cool.
After some additional research, conversations and interviews, I was fortunate enough to be hired as a support analyst with Kiriworks in their Cleveland office. The core of my job is to thoroughly understand OnBase and understand how to troubleshoot and rectify any system-related issues our customers may encounter. Clients like you turn to me and my colleagues on the Customer Care Team to help navigate this robust system, including all of those checkboxes and WorkView, which are now second nature to me.
I live and breathe OnBase everyday, but your role as OnBase System Administrator may be just one small part of your daily responsibilities. Your users look to you for support with OnBase concerns and functionality, and you likely spend time investigating and troubleshooting issues before reaching out to Kiriworks for assistance. In addition to your daily interactions with OnBase, the long-term care of the platform falls to you as system administrator. In other words, there’s a lot to do.
OnBase Check Up
Here are a couple long term care items to help keep your system working smoothly and your users happy:
- Are database statistics being maintained per Hyland’s recommendations? This is important as it ensures that your database indexes are a true reflection of your data.
- Do you regularly purge documents from Document Maintenance? When you delete a document, it doesn’t completely delete the document from OnBase until you purge it from Document Maintenance. Think of it as moving the document to the Recycle Bin on a Windows workstation. Like the Recycle Bin on a Windows workstation, OnBase documents should be regularly purged from your system.
- Workflow is a powerful tool, are you using it to its full potential? Properly running lifecycles keep day to day processes running smoothly and help complete time sensitive tasks.
We’re Here for You
Regardless of whether you’re new to OnBase and still learning the software and its capabilities, or you’re a long-time friend of Kiriworks who needs assistance, the Kiriworks Customer Care Team is here to help. If your stress levels are increasing just thinking about the OnBase tasks on your plate, our Managed Services offering might be right for you. If you’re looking to get some additional training and education about OnBase and the full suite of Hyland products, consider registering for the first virtual CommunityLIVE 2020 event. This is an amazing opportunity for training, without the added expenses that usually come along with traveling to a conference. We’re here for you so contact us with your questions, my colleagues and I would love to hear from you!